“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Monday 25 August 2008

Boris big hit in Beijing panto.

With the Peoples Republic and Workers Paradise spending the equivalent of the GDP of some Third World countries on the closing ceremony, some people probably felt that Team GB's handover bit was doomed to pale into insignificance. Not a bit of it. Best comedy for ages my view. Outstanding performance by Boris Johnson. I always knew that drawing up the plans on acid was a good idea. Our mayor looked as though he had just woken up having fallen asleep in his suit and was thinking, "who are all these people in my bedroom".
I tend to agree with Arthur Smith on the Today Program this morning. I also try to dislike Boris Johnson as a mental exercise, and don't always find it easy. Doubt if anyone has that problem with Seb Coe.

No comments: