“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Monday 8 June 2009

The Weekend. A long time in politics.

 The weekend brought the depressing news that across the EU the centre and far right appear to be on a roll. In this country we will now have the  dubious privilege of being represented in Europe by our very own example of the Master Race, Nick Griffin, a man who gives the impression of  being unable to find his arse in a dark room. 
This weekend was also the occasion of the Anarchist Movement Conference. After some thought I decided not to attend. Not that I don't think that it was a good idea, far from it and I look forward to hearing that it was a huge success, but apart from turning out for the odd demo I no longer consider myself to be active and I feel strongly that conferences, groups and federations do not need to be clogged up with dead wood. 

No comments: