“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Tuesday 21 July 2009

Blogger at Lords, sort of.

If I am ever asked where I was when England beat the Aussies at Lords I will be able to say, hand on heart,"at Lords". Well, not actually at Lords in the sense of being inside the ground but rather as one of a number of blokes (what woman would be so daft) peering through the railing in the hope of seeing something of the action. With only a couple of wickets left to fall I thought I would find a pub with Sky and watch the closing moments. They don't seem to do pubs in St John's Wood or at least I couldn't find one. Why do the wealthy choose to live in such dreary places?  The visit to Lords was actually part of one of my regular cross town hikes and I had arrived via Paddington Green, Church Street Market and Lisson Grove. The social contrast that you can encounter in a ten minute walk  never ceases to amaze me.  Anyway, well done England.

No comments: