“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Friday 8 January 2010

Snow rant 2010

During last winter's snow event I mentioned on this blog the disappearance of the practise of clearing the snow outside your home. Blamed it all on Thatcher, demise of collectivism, no such thing as society, all the usual stuff. This year I have once again been clearing the pavement in front of our drum but now people are telling me that I will be "responsible" if someone slips on the area I have cleared and could end up the victim of crippling litigation. Give me strength!
I saw a car sticker the other day - MAKING GUILDFORD A SAFER PLACE. Guildford? Safer? It's not exactly Southern Sudan now is it? Fucks sake! What's wrong with us all?

No comments: