“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Wednesday 13 January 2010

Womans Hour.

I listen to quite a lot of Radio 4 and the recent bad weather and a touch of man flu have resulted in me listening to it even more than usual. Just so there is no misunderstanding I want affirm at this point that I am dead hard and very manly but I also want to admit to being a big fan of Womans Hour, one of the best progs on radio in my view. For starters Jenni Murrey's voice has the ability to make you feel like you are being given a really good cuddle and she seems happy to discuss anything from politics to music, taking in cooking and thrush on the way. Today we had piece on retro furniture followed by the wonderful Camila Batmanhelidjh discussing the "Selfish Generation" and the Chair of the Health and Safety Executive Judith Hackitt who talked more good sense about the much maligned subject of H&S than I have heard in some time. Top women. Top program

No comments: