“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Saturday 9 October 2010

Where am I? Who am I for that matter?

Fortunately I don't have that many moments when I am gripped with an overwhelming desire to slam a side kick into the telly or hurl books across the room. Probably just as well really. Certainly a lot more enjoyable are the moments when a book or a TV prog makes you sit up and say, "that just how I feel!" I have been reading Map Addict by Mike Parker and have been pleased to find that not only do we share a lifelong fascination with maps but also a barely disguised contempt for those people who seem unable to venture further than the end of their street without the aid of GPS or "Pratnav" as Parker refers to it. Chuck the Tomtom and learn to map read. If you get lost you probably won't die.

No comments: