“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Sunday 23 October 2011

Another year - another bookfair.

I awoke this morning to the usual post Anarchist Bookfair hangover. Not too serious mind and certainly nothing that a few hours work down the allotment couldn't put right. I also awoke to the usual pile of magazines and pamphlets that I had acquired. There was all the regular stuff that I pick up of course, Black Flag, Now Or Never etc. but also some more esoteric publications as well. Kittens (journal of the wine and cheese appreciation society of Greater London) for example. Also the usual (but wonderful) selection of neo-situationist pamphlets that I can never resist and to cap it all the story of Joe Hill - in Polish! Not a bad haul but I was disappointed not to see two of my favourites, The Cunningham Amendment and The Land.
Apart from the wealth of reading material there was a stellar line up of meetings and talks and as usual the Wright And Bone Show was a superb example of restrained and measured moderation that is a beacon to us all. But by far the best thing about the bookfair is the people that I haven't seen for ages, the new people I meet and the chance to relax in the pub afterwards with good company. Lovely!

No comments: